Don't Listen to "Them"

By Alex Goumakos
Source: MindStudio.net


Don't listen to bad news.

When it comes to the state of the economy, do NOT listen to pundits or your average TV news show.

These people, and the organizations behind them, make money and get high ratings by ’selling’ you BAD NEWS.

For example, this morning I turned on the TV (to listen to a music channel while getting ready for work) and I accidentally landed on a major cable TV news station.

I could NOT believe my ears….

Some so-called 'experts' are comparing the current U.S and world economy to the Great Depression of the 1920’s.

Wow!

…Maybe I should have stayed in bed!? (…not!)

Nothing could be further for the truth. (It’s also a political ploy being used in this year’s Presidential Election here in the U.S., but that’s whole other topic of discussion)….

Unfortunately, this type of limited and scarcity thinking will give MILLIONS of people the excuse to do …NOTHING.

For many, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The bad news will permeate their subconscious mind and cause them to ’see’ limitation instead of POSSIBILITY.

Listen, I am NOT a wishful thinker.

I’m a REALIST (I also have over 20 years of experience handling other people’s money and finances as a CPA. I think I know a thing or two about money).

And the reality is that, yes…there ARE indeed some economic challenges that we’ve ALL had to deal with recently.

Gas and food prices are at all-time record highs…

That’s a FACT…

Many people (myself included) have had to deal with their fair share of “money storms” this past year…

We ALL go through it at one point or another…

It’s part of the natural cycle of things.

But here are some more FACTS….

There is more wealth being created today than at any other time in history.


There will be THOUSANDS more millionaires today than there were yesterday (there were one million new millionaires create in the U.S. alone in the year 2000!)


Thousands of people around the world will DOUBLE their income just in the he next hour alone!


The Internet has opened up the world to a whole new realm of possibilities. Ordinary citizens can now turn hobbies and side businesses into lucrative money-making ventures like never before.
I could go on and on….

Do you get the point? It all depends on where you’d like to focus your attention.

I rarely watch the news anymore. Instead, I prefer to fill my mind with positive thoughts and music before I start my day.

A wholesome breakfast for the mind is just as important as the one you feed your body.

You have a choice. Reach for GOOD NEWS at every opportunity.

After nearly 40 years of battling my own mind and its negative thinking, I’ve now reached a point where I am extremely sensitive to negative news of any kind.

I simply REFUSE to listen to it. I recommend you do the same.

It’s POISON.

Most people are ADDICTED to doom and gloom news (I know I was).

It’s hard to avoid, since it’s fed to us every single day by the media.

Will you be like the rest of the crowd?

Or will you heed the wisdom of Harvard University’s 23rd president, Dr James Conant when he said…

“You’ll never achieve more than the crowd until you think more than the crowd”.

If you’d like to finally put an end to scarcity thinking, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a book written by world-renowned economist and presidential adviser Paul Zane Pilzer.

His book, The Next Millionaires, is written in simple, easy-to-understand language and it will dispel any economic myths and realities you may have.

He writes:

“We will never run out of resources, because we always invent new ones. Ever since our earliest ancestors’ days as hunter-gatherers, when we roamed from place to place every time we exhausted our immediate food supply, we have always been ‘running out’ of resources. Yet every time we reach the limits on one resource, we use our human ingenuity to invent a new and better one.”

There really ARE no limits.

Possibilities are endless and everywhere…oftentimes right under our own noses.

Think!

What can you do today, better and more profitably than yesterday?

All it takes is one simple idea to transform a life of mediocrity into one of GREATNESS.

Think!

And whatever you do….Don’t listen to ‘them”!

ALSO BY ALEX GOUMAKOS: How to Thrive During Economic Uncertainty

No comments:

Post a Comment